Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Carrot Muffins

My boys wanted to help cook something over the weekend and weren't too excited about helping me prepare veggies.  So I looked up a muffin recipe and made some modifications.  The result...delicious!!!  The whole family really enjoyed them and sadly they didn't last very long.  The batter was dry, almost like cookie dough, so I rolled it into big balls and put the balls in my muffin tin liners.  I'm not a huge fan of 'paleo-fying' recipes but I think everyone wants a sweet treat every now and again, and these are better than the average 'real' muffin.


1 C almond meal
1 C coconut flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 C dates, pitted
3 ripe bananas
3 eggs
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 C carrots, shredded
3/4 C walnuts, finely chopped
1 C coconut flakes

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Combine almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl
  • In a food processor combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and coconut oil.  After well blended, add walnuts and coconut flakes and pulse until finely chopped.
  • Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients.  Fold in carrots (I used my hands to combine it all really well)
  • Form into balls and place in 12 muffin liners in your muffin pan
  • Bake for 25 minutes
Enjoy!  (It's your decision whether to use Diego or Scooby muffin liners, we had to use 6 of each so each boy knew which muffins were his to eat)
Scooby or Diego . . . decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment