Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chicken Apple Hash

This recipe is great because you almost always have these ingredients on hand and it is very quick and simple.  Plus, the apple makes the dish sweet which can help take the edge off your sweet tooth.  A big bonus, my kids LOVE this meal!

Chicken Apple Hash

1 lb ground turkey
1 apple, grated (use a sweet apple, Granny Smith would not be good in this)
1 Tbsp seasoning of choice: Garam Masala (our favorite) or Jamaican All Spice or Cinnamon
1 Tbsp olive oil
  • Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the oil.  
  • Add the seasoning and allow to infuse for about 2 minutes.  (if you decide to use more than one of the listed spices, limit the amount to 1 tsp each unless you enjoy intensely flavored food)
  • Add turkey to the infused oil and stir frequently to brown.
  • When turkey is brown, add the apples and cover pan for 3-5 min, stirring occasionally.
  • If the hash becomes watery, finish cooking uncovered until the apples have cooked down.


    I usually serve this on top of collard greens.  I also double the recipe when I make it because I have a big family and I like to have leftovers.  This time I actually added the greens to the pan and just mixed it all together (as you can see).  Enjoy!!

    1 comment:

    1. I love your recipes! I actually just made your famous brussel sprouts with truffle oil today :) I'm excited to try the banana ice cream!! YUM!!
      Keep it up, Wendy!

      ReplyDelete